Friday, January 11, 2008

Hi all, ted here. just a quick note to all so you get the great news that we all summited at about 9am this morning. we had a late start do to alot of traffic on the moutain. it took us about 8.5 hours between the traffic and all the fresh snow we came in contact with to reach the summit.
A very starry night and warm, perfect for climbing. We are all back in Quito now grabbing showers, relaxing, etc., before we go out tonight to celebrate. It was by far the hardest thing I have every done in my life and I think i can speak for the whole team by saying just how much each and everyone of you help us make it today. I know that there was not ever a time on the climb that we were not thinkiing of you all and how much you mean to us.
Our guides Chris and Dan, from Earth Treks were great. they took the best care of us and taught us alot. Andy, we want to thank you for being here with us in spirit, it was an honor to do this fof Climb For Hope.
Look for pictures tonight.

Best,
Team Pittsburgh

PS- NO we areNOT near the erupting volcano for all those concerned. Although we did see it erupting in the far distance while we were on the summmit of Cotopaxi.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Eric Kronthal said...

Congratulations Team Pittsburgh!!! I am thrilled to hear about your successful effort and look forward to seeing the pics.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Great Job Ted!!!! So happy you made it! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

your accomplishment brought home to many women, and you brought us $30,000 closer to a cure.

I'm sure you loved every painful step of the way. can't wait to hear more.

Andy

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! You did it! I'm doing a dance back here in Pittsburgh for my four courageous teammates. Just think...the steps at the Cathedral of Learning are going to seem SO easy to you now. Have a great victory dinner--just don't let me know if you eat meat again, Laura! Can't wait to hear all the scoop--I want to use want you learned on the Kilimanjaro leg of our Climb for Hope relay. I'm really proud of you guys!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Trish said...

I'm so happy for you all! CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT! I knew you could! I can't wait to hear all about it and see all the great pics & video! Safe travels back to you all. See you soon! Now go celebrate, you guys deserve it. XOXO Trish

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

way to go - so happy for you all to stand on that summit. wish CFH 1.0 could have been with you for it. thank you for adding to the efforts in hopes that other women won't have to go through what my sis-in-law has. i am grateful to each one of you, more than my words convey. seeing your pictures brings fresh recollections of the incredible meaning it had for me to take those last steps up there on this day one year ago. bravo for a job well done.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger EricAlexSydJill said...

Traffic Ted? Only you would run into rush hour on your way up a mountain! Congrats! We are all so proud of you back here in Pittsburgh.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just amazed at what you all are doing! I grew up with Laura's son it's so great to hear her stories and how excited she is about the cause! Be safe, and congratulations!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home